| Truss Installation
|| Fresh Sawn Oak Beam
|| Oak Beam Truss
|| Planing Oak Beam
Fresh Sawn Oak Beams
Our Oak Beams are fresh sawn, also known as 'Green Oak'. Green oak takes approximately 1 year per inch to dry, so a standard oak beam could take as long as 5 years to fully dry out. Green oak beams start seasoning as soon as they are felled, changes in colour and the appearance of cracks and splits will occur during this drying process. Green oak is very popular amongst craftsmen as it's much softer, making it easier to work with when creating complex cuts. Please note that the illustrations above show what can be constructed from our oak beams, but the actual manufacture of trusses etc. is something which are are not able to offer at present.
The following prices are per linear metre (for lengths up to 3m - include VAT)
|Sizes in mm||50||75||100||125||150||175||200||225||250|
- Hand planing add 25% to the linear cost per metre.
- Minimum section we can plane is 150mm x 100mm.
- Fuming add 12.5% to the total price of the beam.
- Surcharge of £50 for orders less than £250 (incl VAT).
- If you require dimensions other than the above, please contact our Sales Office for a quote.
Extra Long Beams?
For extra long beams, add the following price adjustment:
3.0m to 3.6m plus 7.5%
3.7m to 4.2m plus 10%
4.3m to 5.0m plus 20%
5.1m to 5.5m plus 30%
5.6m to 6.7m plus 60%
6.8m to 8.0m plus 75%