Nothing should go here
Wood Flooring - Proudly Made in the UK
£73.13 (inc VAT)
£29.70 (inc VAT)
£58.80 per m2 (inc VAT)
From: £5.54 per m (inc VAT)
£51.00 per m2 (inc VAT)
£69.00 per m2 (inc VAT)
£57.00 per m2 (inc VAT)
From: £5.54 per m (inc VAT)
£5.74 (inc VAT)
£180.00 (inc VAT)
Wood Flooring with a difference...
Why choose British Hardwoods?
At British Hardwoods we are passionate about wood and how it can be used to enhance your living environment. We hope that the hardwood products you buy from us will become part of your everyday life for years to come. We firmly believe that using wood in your home shouldn't cost the earth, which is why all the raw timber that we use is sourced only from FSC or PEFC certified suppliers - helping to protect this valuable resource. Every single hardwood floor, skirting board, architrave and timber board that we supply is made with care - here at our factory in Yorkshire.
Solid Wood Flooring
- Oak flooring specialists - our range also includes ash, maple, cherry and walnut
- Sustainably sourced hardwoods
- Accurately machined single-plank floorboards - a pleasure to fit
- Wide boards and long lengths as standard
- Factory acclimatised floors - ready to fit
- Future availability - unlike some imported wood floors, replacement boards and matching floors will always be readily available
Engineered Oak Flooring
- Engineered wood flooring - proudly made in the UK
- Ideal for use in conjunction with under-floor heating systems
- Enhanced stability - perfect for bathrooms and kitchens
- Single plank wide boards with a generous real wood top layer
- Our structural grade engineered oak floors can be fit directly onto joists or battens
Skirtings, Architrave & Mouldings
- Quality hardwood skirting boards in heights up to 222mm
- Matching architrave and mouldings in all timbers
- Full range of popular profiles - traditional and contemporary
- Generous volume discounts
- Accurately machined timber with a fine surface finish
Oak and Hardwood Timber
- Specialist oak timber merchant
- Rough sawn, calibrated and planed all round timber
- Planed timber available online with generous discounts for quantity
- Accurately machined by skilled craftsmen here in the UK
- Hobby packs and thin wood boards perfect for hobbyists
- Regular choice of selected hardwood boards in oak, yew, sycamore and elm and other timbers
Wood Floors and more...
Our beautiful wood floors, skirting boards and timber are only part of an extensive range of hardwood products. Our solid oak farmhouse doors add the perfect finishing touch to any design project, as do our stunning waney-edged oak window boards. We supply oak beams which can be used as structural supports or simply for decoration. Our hardwood worktops are made to order and are supplied in full-length staves. We also stock a huge range of ancillary products for fitting, finishing and maintaining anything in wood.
Our Customer Reviews
"I have just collected an order of planed oak from you and have to say how pleased I am with the quality of the wood and the machining. I wanted a size that wasn't on your website, so I phoned and spoke to a very helpful man who said that you could plane to my exact size. I was also able to buy two very nice yew boards when I came to collect, so very happy all round. I'm sure I'll be back very soon for my next project."
Jonathan Edwards, (December 2016)
"After lifting our cottage's aged floorboards, we required a similar look, but with modern materials that would be easier to clean and maintain. We stumbled upon British Hardwoods, and asked for samples. When they arrived, we were suitably impressed. We decided to order the Provincial Fumed Oak boards and were genuinely surprised with the overall quality. The fuming had emphasised the patina dramatically, which has since been further enhanced after a few coats of Osmo Oil. Our fitter commented on the quality and was surprised when we revealed the price per sqm! Fitting was a breeze, tongue and grooves were consistently snug, allowing us to randomly 'gap' boards to achieve a more reclaimed look. Since fitting, we have lost count as to how many comments we have had from visitors and guests."
Jeff, Northamptonshire (December 2015)
"You recently sent us about 47 square metres of European oak flooring and skirting boards. It was fitted for us by a local company whilst we were on holiday, last week. When we came back on Saturday it had been completed and looked absolutely wonderful. The quality of the product is outstanding. Needless to say, when we have further funds available, we will be back for more."
Tom Dore, Ashtead (September 2015)
"This is my first time using your company and I just want to say how delighted I have been with the experience. Your web site ordering tool is excellent and the product arrived on the day advised. The packaging was perfect and my order defect free. Finally the product is simply outstanding - perfectly square profiles of high quality hardwood matching exactly the dimensions ordered. "
Kevin Fisher, Wiltshire (Aug 2014)
British Hardwoods Blog
Unique Wooden Greetings Cards by Proper Goose
We are always extremely pleased to hear about what our customers make from the timber we supply to them. We were particularly interested to hear from a small creative company, based in the Surrey...
Read More 8th August 2017 at 10:08
Happy Yorkshire Day!
We are very lucky at British Hardwoods to be located in Yorkshire, right on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. As the largest county in the UK, we now even have our own dedicated day...
Read More 1st August 2017 at 12:08
Racking up some more changes
The next phase of our expansion continues this week as we have installed some new racking in our extended factory. The project has been undertaken by Pro-Dek of South Yorkshire who have installed...
Read More 22nd June 2017 at 10:06
Our green credentials step up a gear
Sustainability has always been the driving force of British Hardwoods' ethical approach to manufacturing. The raw timber we use is sourced only from accredited suppliers, and all our timber waste...
Read More 20th June 2017 at 15:06