Nothing should go here
From: £49.80 per m2 (inc VAT)
£61.60 per m2 (inc VAT)
From: £58.70 per m2 (inc VAT)
£61.60 per m2 (inc VAT)
£70.80 per m2 (inc VAT)
£45.50 per m2 (inc VAT)
Wood Flooring and Related Timber Products
Why choose British Hardwoods?
At British Hardwoods we are passionate about wood and how it can be used to enhance your living environment. We hope that the hardwood products you buy from us will become part of your everyday life for years to come. We firmly believe that using wood in your home shouldn't cost the earth, which is why all the raw timber that we use is sourced only from FSC or PEFC certified suppliers - helping to protect this valuable resource.
Solid Wood Flooring
- Oak flooring specialists - our range also includes ash, maple, cherry and walnut
- Sustainably sourced hardwoods
- Accurately machined single-plank floorboards - a pleasure to fit
- Wide boards and long lengths as standard
- Factory acclimatised floors - ready to fit
Engineered Oak Flooring
- Single plank wide boards with a generous real wood top layer
- Ideal for use in conjunction with under-floor heating systems
- Enhanced stability - perfect for bathrooms and kitchens
- Our structural grade engineered oak floors can be fit directly onto joists or battens
Skirtings, Architrave & Mouldings
- Quality hardwood skirting boards in heights up to 222mm
- Matching architrave and mouldings in all timbers
- Full range of popular profiles - traditional and contemporary
- Generous volume discounts
- Accurately machined timber with a fine surface finish
Oak and Hardwood Timber
- Specialist oak timber merchant
- Rough sawn, calibrated and planed all round timber
- Planed timber available online with generous discounts for quantity
- Accurately machined by skilled craftsmen here in the UK
- Hobby packs and thin wood boards perfect for hobbyists
- Regular choice of selected hardwood boards in oak, yew, sycamore and elm and other timbers
Wood Floors and more...
Our beautiful wood floors, skirting boards and timber are only part of an extensive range of hardwood products. Our solid oak farmhouse doors add the perfect finishing touch to any design project, as do our stunning waney-edged oak window boards. We supply oak beams which can be used as structural supports or simply for decoration. Our hardwood worktops are made to order and are supplied in full-length staves. We also stock a huge range of ancillary products for fitting, finishing and maintaining anything in wood.
Our Customer Reviews
"We purchased this flooring to make a slightly more modern extension room more in keeping with the rest of our 250 year old Cotswold cottage. Having seen the finished/fitted product we very happy we selected this flooring. The grain, knots and colour variations give warmth and character to the room. Boards were very easy to lay, were consistent in width and thickness and the tongue and groove had a nice snug fit (especially with the hidden screws supplied)."
Review by S. Smith (August 2019)
"I have just finished fitting our bedroom and bathroom floors with Engineered Walnut T&G Flooring. Really impressed with the accuracy of the machining - the boards can be drawn up end to end so that you have to look hard to see the join. The micro bevel on the board edges really enhances the appearance too. Great job. I’ve been a customer at British Hardwoods for a number of years and they have always been unfailingly helpful, friendly and professional."
Review by J. Tucker (August 2019)
"A first-class service! I visited the showroom before ordering PAR European Oak. It was a very different experience to the way the amateur woodworker is treated in most timber yards - I was very impressed with the care with which my questions were answered and the trouble taken to order the lengths of timber that I actually needed. The oak was delivered on-time, packaged as others have described and is of excellent quality. I also attended an open day at British Hardwoods and picked some calibrated oak boards at a ridiculously low price, again of excellent quality. Highly recommended."
Review by Peter (March 2019)
"British Hardwoods supplied us with 250 sq m of Engineered Oak Flooring and also supplied us with bespoke lay made risers and treads for our wide staircase. In the large area that we covered it was essential that we had long wide boards and not lots of random small pieces that comes in some of the packs from the cheapest suppliers. Thanks also for the very helpful advice from the sales office."
Review by R. Cordingley (January 2019)
British Hardwoods Blog
Timber Shop Open Day - Saturday 28th September
Following on from the huge success of our inaugural open day in February we have decided to hold another one on Saturday 28th September from 10am to 4pm. As before, the open day will feature a...
Read More 21st August 2019 at 12:08
Cumbrian Oak Tree Lands in Yorkshire
Tony and Jason crossed the border into Lancashire last week to attend to a large fallen oak tree on the lovely Barbon Estate. The estate is situated on the three-county boundary on the side of...
Read More 25th July 2019 at 10:07
Into the Woods - A Short Tour
Our native timber shop "Into the Woods" is proving really popular among local woodworking enthusiasts, craft makers and cabinet makers. Those who are close enough to visit us will find a warm...
Read More 8th July 2019 at 15:07
Firewood Bulk Bags - Now Half Price
A great chance to stock up on firewood for the Autumn - ideal for log burners or open fires. Our bulk bags of hardwood offcuts for firewood are now HALF PRICE. During the cold winter months we...
Read More 11th June 2019 at 13:06