Delivery & Returns
CARRIAGE CHARGES ARE CALCULATED ON WEIGHT, TYPE OF GOODS ORDERED AND DELIVERY LOCATION. TO OBTAIN A QUOTE PRIOR TO CHECKOUT: PLACE REQUIRED ITEMS INTO YOUR CART, THEN INPUT YOUR DELIVERY POSTCODE, OUR WEBSITE WILL CALCULATE A DELIVERY PRICE FOR THE GOODS SELECTED.
- 10.1. The seller uses numerous ways of delivering the goods. These include the use of its own vehicle/s and the use of independent couriers.
- 10.2. Deliveries will usually be made Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 6:30pm. The seller is usually unable to give an estimated delivery time as all deliveries are at the courier’s discretion
- 10.3. Any delivery date or delivery time is for guidance only and the seller shall not be responsible for any costs incurred by the buyer in the event of late delivery.
- 10.4. The couriers used by the seller do not offer a pre-delivery phone call service and cannot, therefore, contact the buyer directly.
- 10.5. All timber orders will be delivered to kerbside at the nearest access point to the delivery address, and the seller or its independent couriers, will not be responsible for further movement of the goods.
- 10.6. It is the buyer’s responsibility to advise the seller of any restrictions regarding access to the delivery address point at the time of ordering or prior to the goods being despatched.
- 10.7. The buyer will bear the costs of any re-delivery charges incurred as a result of not informing the seller of access restrictions to the delivery address point.
- 10.8. It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that there is sufficient labour on site at the time of delivery to facilitate the offloading process.
- 10.9. The delivery vehicles used by the seller do not have cranes or forklifts. It is the buyer's responsibility to provide offloading equipment to facilitate offloading for deliveries of heavy single items such as oak beams.
- 10.10. Should the buyer be unavailable to accept the goods at time of delivery, on a day that has been agreed beforehand with the buyer, then the buyer shall bear the cost of any re-delivery.
- 10.11. The seller offers free delivery on some of its products. Free delivery offers are only available for deliveries within mainland UK and can also exclude some areas of Scotland.
11. Goods Damaged or Faulty on Delivery
- 11.1. The buyer must examine all goods on delivery in case any damage has occurred in transit. The driver should be notified immediately of any problems and the delivery note should be signed accordingly.
- 11.2. If, in exceptional circumstances, the buyer is unable to fully check the goods at the time of delivery, the seller must be informed as soon as possible. It may be possible to grant a 24 hour extension of this time to notify the seller of any issues.
- 11.3. The seller cannot guarantee to replace or repair items which have been signed for in good condition or 'unchecked' and are later found to be damaged. This does not affect the buyer’s statutory rights.
- 11.4. The seller will not accept any liability for any goods that have been repaired before the seller has been given the opportunity to inspect them or to give authority for repair work to be carried out or in cases where non company components have been used.
- 11.5. If goods have been delivered in a damaged state and the seller feels the situation cannot be improved by authorising another delivery, we reserve the right to refund the buyer in full for the order and cancel the order.
12. Cancellation Policy
- 12.1. Under the Distance Selling Regulations the buyer has a right to cancel their order for any item purchased on the seller’s website at any time before the goods are despatched, or within 7 days of receiving the goods and for a full refund excluding cost of return shipping providing the buyer takes reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in the buyer’s possession. This does not affect the buyer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
- 12.2. If the buyer chooses to cancel their order at any time later than the 7 days following receipt of the goods there will be a restocking and administration charge of £30. The buyer is welcome to return any items using their own courier.
- 12.3. The seller will refund the buyer’s payment with 14 days of the goods being returned.
- 12.4. If the buyer wishes to cancel the order, the seller will require the request be done in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post at the address provided.
13. Returns Policy
- 13.1. Where the buyer has received their order and no longer require all or part of the order then this may be returned at the discretion of the seller. If a return is agreed then the buyer has to arrange transport to the seller’s premises at the buyer’s expense whereupon the goods will be inspected by the seller who will decide what, if any, credit is due.
- 13.2. Where the buyer receives sub-standard or incorrect goods they should inform the seller within 7 days. The seller will then arrange collection of the goods for return to the seller’s premises. Upon receipt the seller will inspect the goods and, if the items are sub-standard or incorrect, will either refund the buyer or replace the goods.
- 13.3. Where the buyer has used or installed the goods then such use or installation shall be taken as conclusive evidence that the buyer has accepted the goods are in perfect condition. The buyer is responsible for checking that the goods are suitable for purpose and that installation conditions are correct.